This beautifully restored "Flying Fortress",
is owned by the Yankee Air Force and flies at air shows. Built in 1945 at the
end of WW II , it was used as a Coast Guard air-sea rescue craft. It was
converted to do aerial survey and later modified into a fire bomber. It was in
the movie, "Tora, Tora, Tora". After a gear-up landing in Salmon, Idaho, the
retardant tank under the bomb bay was damaged. The silver metal, red tailed plane is marked 381 BG, 534
BS and it resides at the Yankee Air Museum, Willow Run Airport, Belleville, Michigan.
16" x 20" color print , $60.00